Visit the Dr. Kate Museum
The Dr. Kate Museum is the repository for memorabilia for Dr. Kate Pelham Newcomb, the 1953 Million Penny Parade and Geometry teacher Mr. Otto Burich, AV-W High School and grade school from 1891-Present and the Town of Woodruff history. The 1954 episode of Ralph Edwards television show "This is Your Life" is shown. The museum also presents exhibits about the "Nestledown", a favorite Woodruff business of the past, a nostalgic look at the "Golden Age of Television", a jukebox playing 1950's favorites, and a player piano.
- The Dr. Kate Museum is open the 2nd Monday in June through the Friday prior to Labor Day. hours are Monday-Friday 11-3. Admission by donation.
- Special group tours are available by appointment.
- School field trips and bus tours are welcome by appointment.
- Presentations may be scheduled for churches, schools, or civic and fraternal organizations at their locations.
- Educational material is available to students outside the Lakeland area by request.